Serenity House of Clallam County’s shelter is a single adult low barrier shelter. Serenity House Shelter is an equal opportunity shelter. Entrance and stay at the shelter are open to all people. Serenity house ensures a safe environment regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, or sobriety at time of entrance.
Exterior and Interior audio and video surveillance, plus hourly staff rounds 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Guests are subject to random search. No drugs, paraphernalia, alcohol or weapons are allowed on site. All guests must register at the front desk and agree to shelter use terms.
Clallam Transit, Bus Route #26 (18th at Serenity House)
Serenity House Shelter Van runs 3 times a day, 7 days per week from shelter to Gateway Transit Center (Lincoln and Front Street), depending on riders and driver availability
Morning 9:00 AM
Afternoon 2:00 PM
Evening 6:00 PM
The shelter is open to the public 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Nightly Exterior doors are locked at 11 PM to 5:00 AM for security reasons. Ring the doorbell for entry.
Additional Closures are for Cleaning:
- Sleep rooms daily from 12PM to 2PM
- Facility Wednesdays from 8:30 AM to 4:30PM
Shelter Services include:
Meals, laundry, showers, assigned beds, assigned parking for overnight vehicle campers, housing assistance, weekly medical and sobriety assistance provided by other agencies.
Food Service Hours:
Serenity House provides daily meals and allows guest use of dining space to stay out of the weather from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Kitchen use is not available to guests
Food service schedule:
- Continental style Breakfast served from 8:00AM to 9:00AM
- Soup or Salad or Sandwiches for Lunch from 12:30PM to 1:30PM
- Dinner Served from 6:30PM to 7:30PM
- People entering shelter after evening meal may request food during registration process.
- All food must be consumed in the dining or media area